Franklin Furnace Archive, Inc. announces the 2019-20 Franklin Furnace Fund Recipients, supported by Jerome Foundation, The SHS Foundation, and the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.
This season marks the 34th anniversary of the Franklin Furnace Fund. Initiated in 1985 with the support of Jerome Foundation, Franklin Furnace has annually awarded grants to early career artists selected by peer panel review to enable them to prepare major performance art works in New York. Events are presented in partnership with collegial venues, online, or in the city environment.
For 2019-20, Franklin Furnace received support from Jerome Foundation, The SHS Foundation, and the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council, which enabled Franklin Furnace’s July 2019 peer review panel to award $58,500 to seven deserving artists and collaborations selected from among 270 proposals.
This year's esteemed selection panel, David Antonio Cruz, Ayana Evans, Jay Sanders, Mirland Terlonge, and Tobaron Waxman, met July 20, 21, and 22, 2019, and decided to award three $3,000 grants, two $4,000, six $5,750 grants, and one $7,000 grant to a total of nine artists and collaborations.
FRANKLIN FURNACE FUND RECIPIENTS 2019-20
- Justin Allen (Brooklyn, NY) *
- Arantxa Araujo (Brooklyn, NY) *
- Leah Aron (Brooklyn, NY) *
- Becca Blackwell (Brooklyn, NY) *
- Jessica Blinkhorn (Atlanta, GA)
- IV Castellanos and Amanda Hunt (Brooklyn, NY) *
- Deborah Castillo (Brooklyn, NY) *
- Máiréad Delaney (Hinesburg, VT)
- Dominique Duroseau (Newark, NJ)
- Richard Kennedy (New York, NY) *
- Alice Klugherz (New York, NY) *
- Autumn Knight (New York, NY) *
*Artists supported by Jerome Foundation. Jerome Foundation support of the Franklin Furnace Fund is restricted to artists living in the five boroughs of New York City or the state of Minnesota.
PLEASE VISIT THE LINKS TO THE LEFT FOR INDIVIDUAL PROJECT DESCRIPTIONS AND BIOGRAPHIES.